With its abundant traditions, remarkable history, and vibrant culture, it's not surprising that Mexico is among one of the most visited nations on the planet. Discover more Mexico realities right here!
1. The official name of Mexico is the "United Mexican States."
2. When Spanish Conquistador Hernan Cortés got here in Mexico in 1519, the Aztecs thought he was a divine being and also used him the beverage of the gods: hot delicious chocolate.
3. The red poinsettia originated in Mexico as well as is called after Joel Roberts Poinsett (1779-1851), the very first USA ambassador to Mexico.
4. The boundary between Mexico as well as the USA is the 2nd biggest border in the world (only the U.S.-Canadian boundary is longer).
5. Mexico is second only to Brazil in the number of Catholic citizens.
6. Mexico is located in the "Ring of Fire," among the earth's most violent earthquake and also volcano zones. The world's tiniest volcano is in Puebla, Mexico.
7. The Chihuahua is the globe's tiniest pet as well as is named for a Mexican state.
8. Mexico is one of the most populated Spanish-speaking nation in the world. The USA is second.
9. Charles V of Spain started the National University of Mexico in 1551, making it the earliest university in The United States and Canada.
10. Mexico presented chocolate, corn, and also chilies to the globe.
Have a look at even more fascinating Mexico realities here:
FactRetriever is a leading manufacturer of one of the most interesting realities, on-line video web content, and also a wide variety of fascinating subjects..